MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Social

MotoGP Social Meetups and discuss travel, tickets, and race weekends


Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By shovelhead
  • 1 Post By shovelhead
  • 1 Post By gekko1ro
  • 1 Post By gekko1ro
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
February 7th, 2017, 04:16 PM   #1
Member
 
Joined: Aug 2011
From: Victoria

Posts: 37
Likes: 4

Motogp Sports Tour Companys/Red Bull Ring vs Brno

Hey guys, I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out with any recommendations or opinions...somewhat late in the game, but I have decided to head over to Europe in late July/early August and that timing works out pretty well for me to go to either the Brno or Austrian GP! Leaving it this "late" though has left me with few accommodation options, and I am debating whether to just be lazy and book through a sports tour company. Has anyone previously used any that they can recommend? Or conversely not recommend?

And then if anyone has any thoughts on which one would be a better option, that would also be great. Probably leaning towards the Red Bull Ring, but that was only because I was planning on going to Austria anyways.

Thanks so much
kindo is offline  
 
February 8th, 2017, 09:57 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
gekko1ro's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
From: Romania

Posts: 433
Likes: 153

I Ride: suzuki sv 650, honda xl 350
I recommend the czech gp, the circuit and athe surroundings are beautiful, very low prices, and, depending on the ticket you buy, you can roam almost the entire circuit. Big discounts still available here Ticketing for Czech Grand Prix 2017 | Brno Circuit
gekko1ro is offline  
February 8th, 2017, 10:50 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
shovelhead's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
From: Vancouver

Posts: 1,037
Likes: 318

Back to back races.... Do both.
yamfan likes this.
shovelhead is offline  
February 8th, 2017, 05:14 PM   #4
Member
 
Joined: Aug 2011
From: Victoria

Posts: 37
Likes: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekko1ro View Post
I recommend the czech gp, the circuit and athe surroundings are beautiful, very low prices, and, depending on the ticket you buy, you can roam almost the entire circuit. Big discounts still available here Ticketing for Czech Grand Prix 2017 | Brno Circuit
Thanks so much for that - the ticketing options for Brno were confusing me a bit, i couldnt figure out the different categories. That link helps me out greatly! I take it that you've been- was the language barrier any issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelhead View Post
Back to back races.... Do both.
Hahaha, man i wish! If my budget increases through some unexpected tattslotto win or inheritances from some long lost relatives that might be on the cards. Unfortunately due to the shitty Australian dollar, i think I'm going to have to choose one or the other. I live in hope though!
kindo is offline  
February 8th, 2017, 09:32 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
shovelhead's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
From: Vancouver

Posts: 1,037
Likes: 318

Red bull ring has better viewing.
Get the red bull KTM section and you'll see lots.
The party and camping next to the track is awesome.

Brno is big and has lots of elevation change, hard to see most of the action.
kindo likes this.
shovelhead is offline  
February 9th, 2017, 03:04 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
gekko1ro's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
From: Romania

Posts: 433
Likes: 153

I Ride: suzuki sv 650, honda xl 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindo View Post
Thanks so much for that - the ticketing options for Brno were confusing me a bit, i couldnt figure out the different categories. That link helps me out greatly! I take it that you've been- was the language barrier any issue?
the locals are friendly, most of them understand english, so no problem. but, during the event, I think the most spoken language is german, ze germans flooding the circuit.
kindo likes this.
gekko1ro is offline  
February 10th, 2017, 03:43 PM   #7
Member
 
Joined: Aug 2011
From: Victoria

Posts: 37
Likes: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekko1ro View Post
the locals are friendly, most of them understand english, so no problem. but, during the event, I think the most spoken language is german, ze germans flooding the circuit.
Thank you for that bit of clarification, I didn't know how widely spoken English was and whether I'd be able to bumble my way though, haha. I have no issue being at the track and not being able to understand the commentary and all that, that was a given, I just didn't know if going to and from and then staying in town would cause me any concern.

Much appreciated
kindo is offline  
February 10th, 2017, 07:24 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
gekko1ro's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
From: Romania

Posts: 433
Likes: 153

I Ride: suzuki sv 650, honda xl 350
you`re welcome
kindo likes this.
gekko1ro is offline  
February 10th, 2017, 07:52 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
JohnnyKnockdown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: unda cheese

Posts: 4,703
Likes: 849

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindo View Post
Thank you for that bit of clarification, I didn't know how widely spoken English was and whether I'd be able to bumble my way though, haha. I have no issue being at the track and not being able to understand the commentary and all that, that was a given, I just didn't know if going to and from and then staying in town would cause me any concern.

Much appreciated
Just wear a Trump shirt and you'll be fine
JohnnyKnockdown is offline  
February 14th, 2017, 12:27 PM   #10
Member
 
Joined: Aug 2011
From: Victoria

Posts: 37
Likes: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyKnockdown View Post
Just wear a Trump shirt and you'll be fine
Hahahaha. Yeah nah
kindo is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Social

Tags
brno, bull, companys or red, motogp, red bull, ring, sports, tour



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: Austrian Red Bull Ring Moto GP Tickets x4 pegstothedeck Classifieds 0 August 2nd, 2016 10:57 AM
A few videos from Red Bull Ring testing Gaz MotoGP 7 July 26th, 2016 03:49 AM
Stoner: Red Bull Ring run-off areas "dangerous" JPSLotus MotoGP 27 July 17th, 2016 12:01 AM
Not all MotoGP classes are on beIN sports! T Wrecks MotoGP 7 March 22nd, 2016 07:40 PM
Red Bull X-Fighters world tour. bonnielass Motorsports 2 August 18th, 2010 10:36 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.