MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Social

MotoGP Social Meetups and discuss travel, tickets, and race weekends


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
November 4th, 2013, 02:21 PM   #31
Junior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2013
From: UK

Posts: 8



Cheers bud, that's always the best B plan !!! Definitely going to an epic in both moto3 and the big uns getting new camera to take and will post as many pics as possible..... tried to book the camping today with the circuit, impossible !!! Plan B's looking good
Mick1966 is offline  
 
November 4th, 2013, 02:55 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
lil red rocket pilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
From: The North!

Posts: 3,449
Likes: 149

Mick1966
Quote:
3668721383491907

Hi Chris, thanks for the help bud...We will try the circuit tomorrow and hopefully be able to get sorted, mygirlfriend is fluent in Spanish so hopefully this will help !!


I'll let you know tomorrow if we get sorted one way or another, worse case we'll have to park in a pub car park and have to rough it !!


Thanks again


MIck




Hey Mick, I have just remembered some of the houses near the train station rent out camping pitches in their gardens,


One of them may have a driveway for you to park on,


But be warned, the one time I crashed a party there they were rolling in old bike engines on pallets hooking up to fuel and a battery and red lining till they hit the preverbial bang TBH it was fun, but not if you want to sleep.


Good luck in your quest
lil red rocket pilot is offline  
November 4th, 2013, 03:17 PM   #33
 
Joined: Sep 2006

Posts: 22,701
Likes: 2

lil red rocket pilot
Quote:
3669251383605704

Hey Mick, I have just remembered some of the houses near the train station rent out camping pitches in their gardens,


One of them may have a driveway for you to park on,


But be warned, the one time I crashed a party there they were rolling in old bike engines on pallets hooking up to fuel and a battery and red lining till they hit the preverbial bang TBH it was fun, but not if you want to sleep.


Good luck in your quest

haha, i remember seeing a bike on the campsite with a home made megaphone exhaust big enough to climb inside. I doubt anyone got any sleep that night.
chopperman is offline  
November 4th, 2013, 04:34 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
lil red rocket pilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
From: The North!

Posts: 3,449
Likes: 149

chopperman
Quote:
3669261383607025

haha, i remember seeing a bike on the campsite with a home made megaphone exhaust big enough to climb inside. I doubt anyone got any sleep that night.




Ha ha ha quality.


Ive got to say the maddest place in the world is Sachsenring campsite gp week.


No rules! Police come into the campsite just to escort the fire engines putting fires out, Then leave!


Crossers and quads tear up the walkways, if it breaks, burn it!


Not to mention goddamn awful techno at 200dbls all night.


Blokes walking round naked, I am not joking!


And get this, 250,000 on the campsite and only 110,000 attend, you do the math


Fcuking great place, deffo going back
lil red rocket pilot is offline  
November 4th, 2013, 05:46 PM   #35
 
Joined: Sep 2006

Posts: 22,701
Likes: 2

lil red rocket pilot
Quote:
3669281383611642

Ha ha ha quality.


Ive got to say the maddest place in the world is Sachsenring campsite gp week.


No rules! Police come into the campsite just to escort the fire engines putting fires out, Then leave!


Crossers and quads tear up the walkways, if it breaks, burn it!


Not to mention goddamn awful techno at 200dbls all night.


Blokes walking round naked, I am not joking!


And get this, 250,000 on the campsite and only 110,000 attend, you do the math


Fcuking great place, deffo going back

Always wanted to do Sachsenring and Brno. To be honest i didn't like Valencia that much. The traffic was a nightmare and very frightening when you're driving a left hooker and got thousands of bikes passing you on both sides. I parked up and had to walk miles in the blazing heat. Got there and there was fuck all to eat, just some bread with olive oil and bags of sunflower seeds. They had a stall set up right by the entrance selling cans of beer. I bought some then walked the 5 paces to the entrance only to be told you could not take beer bought outside into the track. I was not the only one caught out by this scam as they had a huge wheelie bin full of beer confiscated from people trying to get into the track. I kid you not, i told him to fuck himself then downed all 8 cans in front of him. He then let me in only to be confronted by to spanish cops in bother boots berret and machine guns, fucking searched me. Misses then tells me she needs a piss real bad. we see the toilets only to be told only yellow grandstand ticket holders can use them and the toilets we can use are right over by the hill. After 8 cans im starting to feel quite pissed and hot and bothered. I tell security she is using that toilet, i suggest you stand aside. Fortunately a very pretty young lady came over to calm me down and see what the problem was. We struck an amicable deal that my wife could use the loo if i sat by security and waited. Misses come back out, we look at the few and i mean few stalls selling over priced crap. Make the trek towards the hill which is fucking packed so we end up half way up. So far away in fact i had to phone a friend in england who was watching the race on tv to find out who was where on track. Still hungry we walk down the hill to the tent selling piella, que a mile long, time i get close enough to actually see the big fuck off frying pan i can see i aint getting any. walk over to the toilet brick building, walk in for a piss only to find the place so coated in shit it looked like the cell of Bobby sands in the maze prison. Pissed on the floor like everyone else and trekked back up the hill, only higher this time as about a million more people had arrived since we left for food. Race finishes, rossi blew it, hayden is balling his eyes out and the sky is filled with bright yellow smoke (that was the highlight). walk back to the car which took hours as the que of people was like the London subway in 28 days later. Get to the car only to find the carpark now completely fenced in and police preventing anyone from leaving. Im now dehydrating in pain with the brightest orange piss you have ever seen. My lovely misses set out on an expedition of life saving mercy to get water. Hands it to me about an hour later and said " dont ask how much those bastards charged me for 2 small bottles of water". Sat in the car cops gone but still fenced in. A group of lads said fuck this after about 4 hours and started to pull the fence down. I jump out to help and fence topples down. Now we have fucking green trousered cops running towards us blowing whistles. We all just started our cars and went for it in like a Le manns style gp start of yester year. Further up the road we hit traffic, the police direct us onto the wrong side of the due carriageway only to be confronted by on coming traffic. Get the hire car back to the rental only for the greasy bastard to charge my credit card the price of a full tank of petrol all because the needle was sat a fraction below the full marker. Get to the airport and que for ages at the correct gate (Ryanair) a stewardess appears and screams "hurry, go to gate # whatever, only a few seats left". panic in the terminal with peeps running about like headless chickens, this is where i spot that bitch with her bitch friend hiding buy the counter pointing and laughing . Needless to say we all got on the plane and home sweet home. I realise my lack of paragraphs and how painful its been for you to9 read. If you suffered this pain without giving up you just may have what it takes to survive that fucking dump they call Valencia. Oh yeah, and the locals like you to call it Bal en thia. I expect i will return one day because i'm a fucking idiot. oh yeah, forgot to mention, by the time we got to the place we were staying sat night we had been up for 24 hours. 4 hours sleep then head to the track for the above experience. Time we get home we had been up for another 36 hours i think it was. I wont bore you with the story of the M25 traffic jam and the diversion that pretty much took us through the centre of london at a snail pace in the middle of the night.





I know you have been Red and i hope you guys going have a better experience than we did.
chopperman is offline  
November 5th, 2013, 01:28 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
lil red rocket pilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
From: The North!

Posts: 3,449
Likes: 149



Dang! And I thought I was an unlucky fcuker at tracks.


TBH my experiences of Valencia have been pretty good.


I was lucky to drop on Shovelhead at our hotel and they showed us the route on the train.


If you do do it again try it, and the earlier trains aren't that jammed, I don't think we had to stand once going.


And stayed to watch the support races after the gp, as a result that wasn't bad either, a bit packed but not to overflowing.


Your a braver man than me Driving out there, Believe me I tried in Assen on the wrong side, But that is another story
lil red rocket pilot is offline  
November 5th, 2013, 02:07 AM   #37
 
Joined: Sep 2006

Posts: 22,701
Likes: 2

lil red rocket pilot
Quote:
3669431383643704

Dang! And I thought I was an unlucky fcuker at tracks.


TBH my experiences of Valencia have been pretty good.


I was lucky to drop on Shovelhead at our hotel and they showed us the route on the train.


If you do do it again try it, and the earlier trains aren't that jammed, I don't think we had to stand once going.


And stayed to watch the support races after the gp, as a result that wasn't bad either, a bit packed but not to overflowing.


Your a braver man than me Driving out there, Believe me I tried in Assen on the wrong side, But that is another story

Driving there was a nightmare, its just one big free for all. Then factor in that most are pissed out their minds because they drink about 2 bottles of wine for breakfast, then hit the booze again during siesta. Then there is there crazy road sign system. I kept getting lost and couldn't work out why, i thought is was just me being so fatigued due to the nightmare trip and no sleep. What it ended up being was the road signs at an intersection are not for that intersection, they're for the next one. So you have to remember what the sign before said . Not easy when they're in Spanish and the last intersection was bloody miles ago. I doubt i'd do Valencia again but Catalyuna is tempting.
chopperman is offline  
November 5th, 2013, 03:03 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
lil red rocket pilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
From: The North!

Posts: 3,449
Likes: 149



I'm gonna concentrate on BSB next year.


And the thundersport UK series.


Fcuk Dorna and I urge others to do the same, Vote with your feet and wallets, It is the only language corporations understand,


However!


I'm only going to make one exception and that is for Aus,


I'm deffo going to see Roo, he has inspired me so much just travelling his journey.
lil red rocket pilot is offline  
November 5th, 2013, 04:16 AM   #39
Blue Smoker
 
Arrabbiata1's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
From: Out of Nowhere

Posts: 6,910
Likes: 2577

I Ride: The original
lil red rocket pilot
Quote:
3669451383649423

I'm gonna concentrate on BSB next year.


And the thundersport UK series.


Fcuk Dorna and I urge others to do the same, Vote with your feet and wallets, It is the only language corporations understand,


However!


I'm only going to make one exception and that is for Aus,


I'm deffo going to see Roo, he has inspired me so much just travelling his journey.

With the Rossi phenomenon subsiding and the shift to pay for view, people will desert the sport en masse in the U.K. - a huge market deserted which could have been expanded so much wider. Bikesport will be marginalised once more and GP attendance will be reminiscant of the apathy ofmid 90's (spare the neo-Marquez movement) characterised by one bloke and a dog; those die hards that typically pin enamel Dunlop or Hailwood badges to thier body warmers and canvas souvenir 1977 TT hatsand the odd hot dog concession dotted around largely empty stands.
Arrabbiata1 is offline  
November 5th, 2013, 04:51 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
lil red rocket pilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
From: The North!

Posts: 3,449
Likes: 149

Arrabbiata1
Quote:
3669461383653818

With the Rossi phenomenon subsiding and the shift to pay for view, people will desert the sport en masse in the U.K. - a huge market deserted which could have been expanded so much wider. Bikesport will be marginalised once more and GP attendance will be reminiscant of the apathy ofmid 90's (spare the neo-Marquez movement) characterised by one bloke and a dog; those die hards that typically pin enamel Dunlop or Hailwood badges to thier body warmers and canvas souvenir 1977 TT hatsand the odd hot dog concession dotted around largely empty stands.




I agree pay per view will do untold damage to the UK viewing,


People who have followed for ages are saying fcuk it I ain't paying!





On another note, does anyone know how many appliances can be on a vid pass at the same time?


Might be worth getting a few together and all viewing though the same account.


4 peeps sharing it would be less than 25 each, food for thought
lil red rocket pilot is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Social

Tags
advice, cheste, stand or seats, valencia



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I'm looking for the paddock pass gp Cheste 2010. GaLaDRieL MotoGP 3 September 30th, 2010 02:49 PM
Brno MotGP advice - Stand T1 or T6 dizpark MotoGP 0 July 21st, 2010 04:55 AM
VALENCIA CIRCUIT ADVICE PAULP MotoGP 13 October 20th, 2009 05:26 AM
New member Valencia advice jaffacake New Users 6 August 13th, 2009 12:02 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.