MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Social

MotoGP Social Meetups and discuss travel, tickets, and race weekends


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
March 17th, 2012, 01:39 AM   #1
 
Joined: Mar 2012
From: Tehran, Iran

Posts: 189

Hi everybody



I have started following the sport and this forum for two years. Accept my apologies for my awful English and to start a topic as a newbie. I was doing a little research about the performance of Dani Perdrosa, Casey Stoner and Jorge Lorenzo through their carear (125cc 250cc and Motogp) and came up with a question in my mind:

If there was an opertunity to join the MotoGP for the 2012 season as a new team with no budget limitations which rider would you choose just according to the chart below?



13350:Carear Performance.JPG]



Note:

1) I know their are hundreds of parameters that can influence this decision like the engine and the bike I wanna use, the different riding style of the riders and the fact that these guys started their seasons in different years but lets just skip to the season positions.

2) With All the respects I have for the great Valentino Rossi, I put him outside of this comparison because he is older than these guys and he is a lot more experienced.
Attached Thumbnails
Comparing Casey Stoner, Dani Pedrosa and Jorge Lorenzo-carear-performance.jpg  
mh_kingcobra is offline  
 
March 17th, 2012, 09:46 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2008
From: California, USA

Posts: 295

Your chart definitely makes it look like Pedrosa would be the best pick because of his consistency.. but at least in MotoGP category, he hasn't rode anything but the top-of-the-line bike the whole time, same with Lorenzo.. he was never on a satellite bike either. Stoner began on a satellite bike, then went to ducati where no one would've been happy to go at the time, which either worked incredibly well for him, or it didn't, Ducati wasn't (isn't?) as well rounded as the honda or yamaha. If Stoner was on HRC the whole time like Pedrosa, i think they would have very similar charts. , but who knows how Pedrosa would do on our new bike is the point.



As for being able to cope with whatever bike you throw at them, Stoner is the guy I'd choose.. but I doubt i could get him away from HRC as that's always been his dream.. So Lorenzo it is.
truent is offline  
March 17th, 2012, 01:08 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
cliché guevara's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
From: siebenbürgen süße heimat!

Posts: 3,155
Likes: 2

yup, jorge is a true gladiator, if the machine is a wild beast i'd have to get casey though
cliché guevara is offline  
March 17th, 2012, 03:26 PM   #4
 
Joined: Mar 2012
From: Tehran, Iran

Posts: 189

Quote:
Originally Posted by truent View Post
Your chart definitely makes it look like Pedrosa would be the best pick because of his consistency.. but at least in MotoGP category, he hasn't rode anything but the top-of-the-line bike the whole time, same with Lorenzo.. he was never on a satellite bike either. Stoner began on a satellite bike, then went to ducati where no one would've been happy to go at the time, which either worked incredibly well for him, or it didn't, Ducati wasn't (isn't?) as well rounded as the honda or yamaha. If Stoner was on HRC the whole time like Pedrosa, i think they would have very similar charts. , but who knows how Pedrosa would do on our new bike is the point.



As for being able to cope with whatever bike you throw at them, Stoner is the guy I'd choose.. but I doubt i could get him away from HRC as that's always been his dream.. So Lorenzo it is.


Thanks for your reply.... yes... as I said their are hundreds of parameters that can influence the decision we make..... I came up with a theory about the reason Pedrosa is still staying on the factory bike.... my dad is a mechanical engineering professor and when he watches dani's racing style especially when it gets onboard with him he tells me unlike Lorenzo which is a really smooth rider (actually with a smooth M1) Pedrosa abuses the bike and the engine with all the gear shiftings on high RPMs and the way he engine breaks and then I suddenly realised maybe the guys at Honda use Pedrosa as their test rider for their engines performance and brought Casey to the team to bring scores. cuz as we saw last year Stoner was on fire with his new bike and Lorenzo with all his smooth corner enteries and consistent riding style couldn't catch him...btw we have to consider the injury stories of Pedrosa that happens every season and its turning out to be a little bit frustrating...
mh_kingcobra is offline  
March 17th, 2012, 07:59 PM   #5
Desert Varmint
 
Geonerd's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
From: Southern Aridzona - Hell's doorstep.

Posts: 3,333
Likes: 68

Puig is the stone around Pedrosa's neck. Being closely involved with someone so foul and conniving produces a certain amount of 'karmic backlash' that cannot be escaped.
Geonerd is offline  
March 17th, 2012, 09:43 PM   #6
 
Joined: Mar 2012
From: Tehran, Iran

Posts: 189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geonerd View Post
Puig is the stone around Pedrosa's neck. Being closely involved with someone so foul and conniving produces a certain amount of 'karmic backlash' that cannot be escaped.




I have heard a lot about Puig being the reason for Pedrosa's problems, When I see Puig I sense something is wrong about him but I have never heard a reason for that. Do you really know what is the reason this guy has been a stop for Pedrosa through his carear?
mh_kingcobra is offline  
March 18th, 2012, 04:25 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Mental Anarchist's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
From: Earth

Posts: 1,631
Likes: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh_kingcobra View Post
Hi everybody



I have started following the sport and this forum for two years. Accept my apologies for my awful English and to start a topic as a newbie. I was doing a little research about the performance of Dani Perdrosa, Casey Stoner and Jorge Lorenzo through their carear (125cc 250cc and Motogp) and came up with a question in my mind:

If there was an opertunity to join the MotoGP for the 2012 season as a new team with no budget limitations which rider would you choose just according to the chart below?



13350:Carear Performance.JPG]



Note:

1) I know their are hundreds of parameters that can influence this decision like the engine and the bike I wanna use, the different riding style of the riders and the fact that these guys started their seasons in different years but lets just skip to the season positions.

2) With All the respects I have for the great Valentino Rossi, I put him outside of this comparison because he is older than these guys and he is a lot more experienced.


If I was joining Moto3/2 than Pedrosa for sure. But we are talking MotoGP and winning is all that matters and therefore Pedrosa would be 3rd choice, Lorenzo 2nd and Stoner 1st based on the 0 MotoGP WC's, 1 MotoGP WC and 2 MotoGP WC in same order.



Honda answered this question in 2011. They could of had Lorenzo or Rossi and already had Pedrosa but who did they go for because they wanted to win the championship? Stoner. Why? Because they are on the inside and don't make decisions based on fanboyism they make the decision based on the knowledge they have of who is the best rider.



Just imagine every rider was out of contract and ever seat was vacant. Riders were going to be selected based on a draft pick. If you went to every team boss (slowest CRT to fast Factory Bike) and told them that they had first pick which ones do you think would choose Stoner? I guarantee you that EVERY single one of them would.
Mental Anarchist is offline  
March 18th, 2012, 08:25 AM   #8
Tom
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2006
From: West Yorkshire, UK

Posts: 9,351

Based only on the graph shown (despite the mistake), I think a case could be made for any of the 3, but I would probably side in favour of Lorenzo. This topic is an excellent example of how numbers don't lie but they can easily mislead.
Tom is offline  
March 18th, 2012, 10:01 AM   #9
 
Joined: Mar 2012
From: Tehran, Iran

Posts: 189

Hello Again



I have just gathered some other details and put them in another chart. I thought it might help making the decision with more parameters availaible .







13351:Other Details.JPG]











Note: By the way I'm not making all these charts to make Dani Pedrosa look bigger. I am his fan for another reasons like the way he rides the bike and making fast laps. I have followed these 3 guys for two years and I allready know Casey and Jorge are more on the move than Dani.
Attached Thumbnails
Comparing Casey Stoner, Dani Pedrosa and Jorge Lorenzo-other-details.jpg  
mh_kingcobra is offline  
March 18th, 2012, 10:31 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2008
From: California, USA

Posts: 295

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh_kingcobra View Post
Hello Again



I have just gathered some other details and put them in another chart. I thought it might help making the decision with more parameters availaible .







13351:Other Details.JPG]











Note: By the way I'm not making all these charts to make Dani Pedrosa look bigger. I am his fan for another reasons like the way he rides the bike and making fast laps. I have followed these 3 guys for two years and I allready know Casey and Jorge are allready more on the move than Dani.


Just wanted to let you know, your english is great.. don't apologize.. no problems understanding at all.. i wish my spanish was half as decent lol
truent is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Social

Tags
casey, comparing, dani, jorge, lorenzo, pedrosa, stoner


« FNQ? | Sepang 2012 »

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motogp 2012 Season Summary - Jorge Lorenzo VS Dani Pedrosa mh_kingcobra MotoGP 13 November 18th, 2012 05:04 AM
Honda offered more to Jorge than to keep Casey Stoner Pigeon MotoGP 64 July 12th, 2012 07:08 PM
Stoner, Lorenzo and Pedrosa not going to Japan ZombiePirate MotoGP 140 August 16th, 2011 10:59 PM
Jorge Lorenzo documentary - "JORGE" Nuts MotoGP 8 July 28th, 2011 06:25 PM
Jorge Casey and Nicky the best for me kaly1997 MotoGP 9 January 4th, 2010 03:14 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.