MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Social

MotoGP Social Meetups and discuss travel, tickets, and race weekends


Like Tree12Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
June 8th, 2011, 08:18 PM   #91
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2009
From: California

Posts: 1,452
Likes: 556

It's on!! It looks official, tomorrow morning myself, the one and only Powerslide "ambassador of civility" Jumkie, and GatorDoc will be arriving on Continental flight 26 into BHX! I'm hoping we'll make it to the track in time for FP1...





Guys/gals.......all three of us will need tickets for the race for all three days...suggestions?? I'll check this again in the am (US time) and see what you've managed to suggest for us. Thanks in advance!
levigarrett is offline  
 
June 8th, 2011, 11:23 PM   #92
 
Joined: Sep 2006

Posts: 22,701
Likes: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by levigarrett View Post
It's on!! It looks official, tomorrow morning myself, the one and only Powerslide "ambassador of civility" Jumkie, and GatorDoc will be arriving on Continental flight 26 into BHX! I'm hoping we'll make it to the track in time for FP1...





Guys/gals.......all three of us will need tickets for the race for all three days...suggestions?? I'll check this again in the am (US time) and see what you've managed to suggest for us. Thanks in advance!
FUCKING YEEEEES
chopperman is offline  
June 9th, 2011, 01:36 AM   #93
#22
Senior Member
 
#22's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
From: In Cider

Posts: 3,984
Likes: 1758

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
You gotta be at Silverstoner.


I know!!! Grrrr
#22 is offline  
June 9th, 2011, 02:29 AM   #94
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,599
Likes: 3852

I'm in [s]New York[/s] New Jersey bitches!



Let the jetlag begin. Arrived 5 am, which is 1:00am my time. I left my phone on the plane and had to go back and retrieve it. I realized this after walking half a mile. I ran back, but the gate door was closed to the plane. I could see from the window the plane was still at the gate, so I tried opening the door. Sirens start blaring. Shit, I'm thinking, I'm gonna get tackled by some over zealous TSA agent. So I sit there for 5 minutes waiting for somebody to come. .....nobody. Fuck it, I need my phone, so I open the door, the sirens still blaring. I get to the plane, the door is still open. I yell, hello, hello! Nothing. I look in, the cabin and door to the cockpit are wide open. HELLO! Nothing. I walk back toward the end of the cabin, and there on my seat is my phone. I get it, still thinking, at any moment I'm gonna be arrested and interrogated. I'm having visions of being in a dimly lit room with good cop bad cop asking me questions like, "are you sure you're of Mexican background, so your NOT Arab?" I walk past the open cockpit and out the gate. The siren still blaring. I keep walking, nothing. Holy shit, what's up with airport security?





Problem #2, solved.



I'm sitting here now waiting. The next leg of my journey starts at 7PM. Its now 6AM local time. I log on to see the forum has a new village idiot. Come on guys, I can't leave the forum for a few minutes without you guys letting it all go to shit?





Adventure continues...
Jumkie is offline  
June 9th, 2011, 02:35 AM   #95
Senior Member
 
Willski's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
From: Here

Posts: 3,177
Likes: 441

I Ride: I've got a bicycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
I'm in [s]New York[/s] New Jersey bitches!



Let the jetlag begin. Arrived 5 am, which is 1:00am my time. I left my phone on the plane and had to go back and retrieve it. I realized this after walking half a mile. I ran back, but the gate door was closed to the plane. I could see from the window the plane was still at the gate, so I tried opening the door. Sirens start blaring. Shit, I'm thinking, I'm gonna get tackled by some over zealous TSA agent. So I sit there for 5 minutes waiting for somebody to come. .....nobody. Fuck it, I need my phone, so I open the door, the sirens still blaring. I get to the plane, the door is still open. I yell, hello, hello! Nothing. I look in, the cabin and door to the cockpit are wide open. HELLO! Nothing. I walk back toward the end of the cabin, and there on my seat is my phone. I get it, still thinking, at any moment I'm gonna be arrested and interrogated. I'm having visions of being in a dimly lit room with good cop bad cop asking me questions like, "are you sure you're of Mexican background, so your NOT Arab?" I walk past the open cockpit and out the gate. The siren still blaring. I keep walking, nothing. Holy shit, what's up with airport security?





Problem #2, solved.



I'm sitting here now waiting. The next leg of my journey starts at 7PM. Its now 6AM local time. I log on to see the forum has a new village idiot. Come on guys, I can't leave the forum for a few minutes without you guys letting it all go to shit?





Adventure continues...






It will all be worth it Junkie !!!!!
Willski is offline  
June 9th, 2011, 02:38 AM   #96
Senior Member
 
shovelhead's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
From: Vancouver

Posts: 1,040
Likes: 325

i am in town already,

did the tourist thing from morning until 11pm last wednesday,

now all rested up.

got a pay as you go phone.

y'all can TEXT me at

07941 912671

if you feel the need....

cheers!
shovelhead is offline  
June 9th, 2011, 03:40 AM   #97
Senior Member
 
bonnielass's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
From: Alpha Setti 5

Posts: 2,302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
I'm in [s]New York[/s] New Jersey bitches!



Let the jetlag begin. Arrived 5 am, which is 1:00am my time. I left my phone on the plane and had to go back and retrieve it. I realized this after walking half a mile. I ran back, but the gate door was closed to the plane. I could see from the window the plane was still at the gate, so I tried opening the door. Sirens start blaring. Shit, I'm thinking, I'm gonna get tackled by some over zealous TSA agent. So I sit there for 5 minutes waiting for somebody to come. .....nobody. Fuck it, I need my phone, so I open the door, the sirens still blaring. I get to the plane, the door is still open. I yell, hello, hello! Nothing. I look in, the cabin and door to the cockpit are wide open. HELLO! Nothing. I walk back toward the end of the cabin, and there on my seat is my phone. I get it, still thinking, at any moment I'm gonna be arrested and interrogated. I'm having visions of being in a dimly lit room with good cop bad cop asking me questions like, "are you sure you're of Mexican background, so your NOT Arab?" I walk past the open cockpit and out the gate. The siren still blaring. I keep walking, nothing. Holy shit, what's up with airport security?





Problem #2, solved.



I'm sitting here now waiting. The next leg of my journey starts at 7PM. Its now 6AM local time. I log on to see the forum has a new village idiot. Come on guys, I can't leave the forum for a few minutes without you guys letting it all go to shit?





Adventure continues...




You have the luck of the devil you do.....................................can't wait to meet you mano e mano!
bonnielass is offline  
June 9th, 2011, 03:51 AM   #98
Senior Member
 
basspete's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Back home in Beautiful Perthshire

Posts: 3,065
Likes: 165

I Ride: Harley Davidson Sportster
What do you call a Scotsman in Brum on his way to Silverstone? Pete the bass, bring it on guys!
basspete is offline  
June 9th, 2011, 04:01 AM   #99
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,599
Likes: 3852

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnielass View Post
You have the luck of the devil you do.....................................can't wait to meet you mano e mano!
Mano e mano? Do you plan to beat me up? That sounds like fighting words.



Pete, did you get WhatsApp? See you on the other side of the pond. (I hope, I still have to get a seat from NYC to UK.)
Jumkie is offline  
June 9th, 2011, 04:01 AM   #100
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,029
Likes: 1246

I Ride: DRZ400sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
I'm in [s]New York[/s] New Jersey bitches!



Let the jetlag begin. Arrived 5 am, which is 1:00am my time. I left my phone on the plane and had to go back and retrieve it. I realized this after walking half a mile. I ran back, but the gate door was closed to the plane. I could see from the window the plane was still at the gate, so I tried opening the door. Sirens start blaring. Shit, I'm thinking, I'm gonna get tackled by some over zealous TSA agent. So I sit there for 5 minutes waiting for somebody to come. .....nobody. Fuck it, I need my phone, so I open the door, the sirens still blaring. I get to the plane, the door is still open. I yell, hello, hello! Nothing. I look in, the cabin and door to the cockpit are wide open. HELLO! Nothing. I walk back toward the end of the cabin, and there on my seat is my phone. I get it, still thinking, at any moment I'm gonna be arrested and interrogated. I'm having visions of being in a dimly lit room with good cop bad cop asking me questions like, "are you sure you're of Mexican background, so your NOT Arab?" I walk past the open cockpit and out the gate. The siren still blaring. I keep walking, nothing. Holy shit, what's up with airport security?





Problem #2, solved.



I'm sitting here now waiting. The next leg of my journey starts at 7PM. Its now 6AM local time. I log on to see the forum has a new village idiot. Come on guys, I can't leave the forum for a few minutes without you guys letting it all go to shit?





Adventure continues...


Hey Jum - sorry if you thought I was out of town. I'd said for sure you have a place to stay here in NY. Didn't want to call back and eat up your phone battery, but you got my number, so let me know when you hook up with Levi and Gator and if you all are up to escape Newark (armpit of the universe) and come into the Big City I'll take you all out for some wicked Sri Lankan food, if you guys like spicy eats.
Keshav is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Social

Tags
2011, meetup, motogp, silverstone



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Moto2 and MotoGP at Silverstone 2011 ZombiePirate Moto2 0 July 21st, 2011 10:46 AM
MotoGP Silverstone #22 MotoGP 15 June 23rd, 2010 05:06 AM
Silverstone motogp halfpint MotoGP 28 June 16th, 2010 04:06 AM
Indianapolis GP - Meetup Planning clarkjw MotoGP 99 August 28th, 2009 07:47 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.