MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > Moto3

Moto3 Moto3 Forum - Moto3 Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree38Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
April 10th, 2017, 02:00 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Coventry,UK

Posts: 448
Likes: 95

I Ride: Blackbird, CB500 track bike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deefer Dogg View Post
Even if it's not his season championship wise, he is already showing what he is capable of when backed properly and given quality equipment. Kent's title win 2 years ago shows the British press aren't interested in promoting it though.
The British press sucks at anything thats not doom laden. They are also seriously unable to write anything remotely intelligent when it comes to sport, bunch of cut and paste merchants

Another fantastic race for John, he will without doubt win a few this year imo.
Deefer Dogg likes this.
Theo is offline  
 
April 10th, 2017, 08:35 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2015
From: Southport England

Posts: 809
Likes: 410

90% of the British sports coverage is football, everything else is fighting for the remaining 10% but the old boys club with their rugby, cricket, tennis and golf dominate that, I truly believe F1 would barely get a sniff in if it wasn't for Lewis Hamilton as well.
AntG is offline  
April 10th, 2017, 09:32 AM   #33
Blue Smoker
 
Arrabbiata1's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
From: Out of Nowhere

Posts: 6,650
Likes: 2344

I Ride: The original
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntG View Post
90% of the British sports coverage is football, everything else is fighting for the remaining 10% but the old boys club with their rugby, cricket, tennis and golf dominate that, I truly believe F1 would barely get a sniff in if it wasn't for Lewis Hamilton as well.
Whatever happened to World of Sport and Dickie Davies?...



Imagine turning on he telly today and watching the Pro-AM Yamaha 350LC cup!!!
Arrabbiata1 is offline  
April 10th, 2017, 09:45 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
lil red rocket pilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
From: The North!

Posts: 3,440
Likes: 142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrabbiata1 View Post
Whatever happened to World of Sport and Dickie Davies?...



Imagine turning on he telly today and watching the Pro-AM Yamaha 350LC cup!!!
Those were the days!!!

Fantastic start for John, He did show his promise in 2014 and 15 but always seemed to stack it on the last few laps.
About time some of the big money players in the uk have started to back the younger talent in off the tv sports, Just a shame it's fcuking BT!
Hopefully John will finally shine this year, and Young Skinner is on it next
lil red rocket pilot is offline  
April 10th, 2017, 09:53 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
danski's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: A caravan on an island

Posts: 1,458
Likes: 381

I Ride: Shanks pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrabbiata1 View Post
Whatever happened to World of Sport and Dickie Davies?...



Imagine turning on he telly today and watching the Pro-AM Yamaha 350LC cup!!!
The Saturday afternoon helping of Big Daddy, Giant Haystacks, Kendo Nagasaki and all those pre WWF wrestling heroes.
danski is online now  
April 10th, 2017, 11:20 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2015
From: Southport England

Posts: 809
Likes: 410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrabbiata1 View Post
Whatever happened to World of Sport and Dickie Davies?...



Imagine turning on he telly today and watching the Pro-AM Yamaha 350LC cup!!!
I was born 5 days before World of Sport ended, I do remember seeing bike racing on Grandstand though.
AntG is offline  
April 13th, 2017, 07:09 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Coventry,UK

Posts: 448
Likes: 95

I Ride: Blackbird, CB500 track bike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrabbiata1 View Post
Whatever happened to World of Sport and Dickie Davies?...
Well the 1st went west and Dickie is/was a director of a frozen food company, not 100% on that now as he is almost 84, he also plays golf.
Arrabbiata1 and danski like this.
Theo is offline  
April 13th, 2017, 09:27 AM   #38
Blue Smoker
 
Arrabbiata1's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
From: Out of Nowhere

Posts: 6,650
Likes: 2344

I Ride: The original
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
The Saturday afternoon helping of Big Daddy, Giant Haystacks, Kendo Nagasaki and all those pre WWF wrestling heroes.
Here's a few more...

Mick McMannus, Bad Boy Bobby Barnes, Rollerball Rocco, The Mighty John Quinn, Catweazle, Black Jack Mulligan, Jim Breaks, Tally-Ho Kaye, Iron Fist Clive Myers, Tiger Dalibar Singh - and Alan Kirby..(who apparently wasn't deaf at all).

Then it was time for the classified football results.
danski likes this.
Arrabbiata1 is offline  
June 24th, 2017, 10:18 AM   #39
Senior Member
 
libby's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2015
From: Cornwall England

Posts: 328
Likes: 168

I Ride: pillion with hubs on 1200 Bandit :) Do have a full bike licence though
Last few races have been dissapointing , but John is totally upbeat if you chat to him he is so lovely, we met his Mum and Dad also in Catalunya and gave John a little Cornish flag pin as a present, he REALLy liked it awwww #legend
danski and Furiosa like this.
libby is offline  
June 25th, 2017, 04:49 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Coventry,UK

Posts: 448
Likes: 95

I Ride: Blackbird, CB500 track bike.
Great race for John 19th to 3rd, felt sorry for Bendsnyder, that Ramirez should be taken to one side, he's an idiot.
Theo is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > Moto3

Tags
john, wee



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
John Britten lil red rocket pilot Petrolheads 10 April 23rd, 2016 12:27 AM
John Hopkins Duc999 World Superbike 61 October 13th, 2009 11:48 AM
John McGuinness Jumkie MotoGP 31 June 11th, 2009 02:04 PM
John Anderton DRILL Motorsports 1 May 16th, 2009 10:58 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2017 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.