MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > Moto2

Moto2 Moto2 Forum - Moto2 Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree23Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
April 4th, 2019, 10:23 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 11,370
Likes: 2536

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
Yep - that differential sure as hell accounts for why Sheene and Schwantz were so heralded. The Suzukis were really deficient compared to the Hondas and Yamahas. Watching the wild shapes Schwantz made on that bike was really something. It was like gravity had gone insane in his little sphere of existence.
Even more so the non factory bikes, which people forget not uncommonly were lapped even without crashing.
Keshav likes this.
michaelm is offline  
 
April 5th, 2019, 04:37 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Pomona NY

Posts: 10,540
Likes: 1951

I Ride: BMW F800R + 511-SMR + Husky 701sm
That's funny. I hadn't thought about that; the privateers being regularly lapped, and yet - many of those guys were still highly regarded by the fans. There seems to have been a great shift in the value of fans in that there doesn't seem to be as many that root for the underdog.
Keshav is offline  
April 8th, 2019, 02:44 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 11,370
Likes: 2536

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
That's funny. I hadn't thought about that; the privateers being regularly lapped, and yet - many of those guys were still highly regarded by the fans. There seems to have been a great shift in the value of fans in that there doesn't seem to be as many that root for the underdog.
Garry Mc Coy actually winning premier class GP races on a bike that was basically brought to the race week-end in the boot of a car was what was really impressive to me, making some allowance for my obvious national allegiance.
Theo likes this.
michaelm is offline  
April 8th, 2019, 03:57 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Barbedwirebikerr's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: FNQ

Posts: 1,026
Likes: 785

I Ride: WR450
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Garry Mc Coy actually winning premier class GP races on a bike that was basically brought to the race week-end in the boot of a car was what was really impressive.
Fixed. No allegiances required. It was stand alone impressive.
Theo likes this.
Barbedwirebikerr is offline  
April 14th, 2019, 05:54 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Barbedwirebikerr's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: FNQ

Posts: 1,026
Likes: 785

I Ride: WR450
I missed qp for moto2. What happened to Remy? He's last on the grid. Did he crash and not complete a lap? Was he just slow?
Barbedwirebikerr is offline  
April 14th, 2019, 10:45 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Theo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Chertsey, Surrey, UK

Posts: 1,869
Likes: 337

I Ride: A bicycle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbedwirebikerr View Post
I missed qp for moto2. What happened to Remy? He's last on the grid. Did he crash and not complete a lap? Was he just slow?
I'll tell you if you really want to know. But he started 18th.
Theo is offline  
April 14th, 2019, 12:53 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Pomona NY

Posts: 10,540
Likes: 1951

I Ride: BMW F800R + 511-SMR + Husky 701sm
But he did a great job of damage control. I think he's got "it".
Keshav is offline  
June 20th, 2021, 07:56 PM   #28
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2018
From: Coffs Harbour

Posts: 2

Any body notice Remy done three in a row, more to come.
Havey is online now  
June 20th, 2021, 08:55 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: Fremantle, Australia

Posts: 2,008
Likes: 864

It's been interesting so far, I think many of us thought he was living off of his last name and to degree I am sure he was. IIRC there was implications of his garage etc being able to get away with some stuff they shouldn't have been able to before he was in the paddock based on his last name.

The excuses for his poor moto3 results didn't seem valid, and up until last year it looked as if he was destined to be a never was with a famous father. Then he turned things around completely and as an Aussie I couldn't be much happier.
p4p1 is offline  
June 20th, 2021, 10:34 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 11,370
Likes: 2536

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
It's been interesting so far, I think many of us thought he was living off of his last name and to degree I am sure he was. IIRC there was implications of his garage etc being able to get away with some stuff they shouldn't have been able to before he was in the paddock based on his last name.

The excuses for his poor moto3 results didn't seem valid, and up until last year it looked as if he was destined to be a never was with a famous father. Then he turned things around completely and as an Aussie I couldn't be much happier.
Same for me. I am pleasantly surprised at how he looks his year, and am hopeful for the future given his consistency, apparent ability to push things without crashing and overtaking prowess, particularly as a large lad by gp bike racing standards, which should be less of a factor in the premier class. Coming through as he has (there was talk he was offered a premier class ride earlier in his career) is probably a good thing as well, as opposed to the likes of Lecuona who might be one and done after being tossed straight into the premier class much younger.

Perhaps his earlier unimpressiveness was at least partly equipment or team related, I don't think Dad Wayne was convinced some of the earlier choices made by him and his manager were necessarily the best ones going by an interview I saw.
michaelm is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > Moto2

Tags
gardner, remy



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wayne gardner frosty58 MotoGP 1 February 11th, 2010 02:00 PM
Gardner's Thoughts on the 2009 WSBKs Austin World Superbike 5 November 18th, 2009 11:16 AM
Gardner: Hayden will struggle at Ducati MigsAngel MotoGP 53 October 29th, 2008 03:28 AM
wayne gardner rossi 46 winner MotoGP 20 March 9th, 2006 01:14 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2021 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.