MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > Moto2

Moto2 Moto2 Forum - Moto2 Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree71Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
May 1st, 2017, 12:19 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
povol's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
From: Tennessee

Posts: 9,894
Likes: 1171

According to Krop, Kent

Will probably never grace the paddocks of GP again

https://motomatters.com/analysis/201...anny_kent.html
These precious individual snowflakes have to learn the hard way that once you enter the real world of business, you cant let emotions be your guide. Kind of sad really that these kids today are so poorly prepared for failure. It goes back to this culture of anyone who shows up gets a trophy.
danski and Motokitty like this.
povol is offline  
 
May 1st, 2017, 05:46 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Mick D's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
From: Thailand

Posts: 5,132
Likes: 358

Good analysis of this on asphalt n rubber as well.
Mick D is offline  
May 1st, 2017, 06:52 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
povol's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
From: Tennessee

Posts: 9,894
Likes: 1171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick D View Post
Good analysis of this on asphalt n rubber as well.
Same article
povol is offline  
May 1st, 2017, 07:06 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Mick D's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
From: Thailand

Posts: 5,132
Likes: 358

Really? Had no idea Krop contributed to A&R as well... move along... lol...
Mick D is offline  
May 2nd, 2017, 04:56 AM   #5
Member
 
Joined: Aug 2016
From: Canada

Posts: 50
Likes: 20

I found the article interesting but overall a shitty thing for him to publish.

Yes, we all want to know the inside scoop on these things but the article shows it's nothing special after all, just someone who can't cope on all fronts as you must to be champion.

It's a fucking kid, don't publish a story that yanks his pants down and tells everyone he's no good and never will be.

And then you send it to him and ask for a comment. A fucking kid, what do you think he's going to say when he reads an article that's about to be published making him look like a loser.

And Krop gets to publish what he wants, if he wants. The kid doesn't. Yes, you'll publish his childish retort but what if he said, "I don't give a shit what you think, Krop. You're a mediocre writer spurred on to delusions of grandeur by your ever-fellating readers."? Would he publish that? Maybe. If he wanted to. But he's sure going to publish his hit piece, as he wants it.

So, it just seems shitty.

And I also think it's easy for him to publish such a negative article about a nobody rider. Where's a similar article about an important rider? Oh, no, that might lose him any access.

Where's the integrity now?

My two cents.
Jumkie, GatorDuc and Adnan like this.
MadMax is offline  
May 2nd, 2017, 05:54 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Hethel Industrial Estate, Potash Ln, Hethel, Norwich NR14 8EY, United Kingdom

Posts: 4,597
Likes: 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by povol View Post
Will probably never grace the paddocks of GP again

https://motomatters.com/analysis/201...anny_kent.html
These precious individual snowflakes have to learn the hard way that once you enter the real world of business, you cant let emotions be your guide. Kind of sad really that these kids today are so poorly prepared for failure. It goes back to this culture of anyone who shows up gets a trophy.


Do you really think Kent is the first person in grand prix motorcycle racing to find himself in over his head due to poor prep? This scene has played out for decades in racing and has absolutely nothing to do with the 'culture of participation trophies'. There is a long list of talented riders who didn't have the mental fortitude to make it all the way, and again, it has nothing to do with being a snowflake. Once you get to a certain level in sports, it becomes about mental strength or lack thereof. Marco Melandri still remains a great example of what happens when the mental game is severely challenged. I don't recall anyone ever using a politically charged term such as snowflake to describe Melandri. Not being mentally tough enough is part of the attrition process.

That obviously all occurred long before you and the rest of the rednecks voted for racist policies and hoped for a return to antebellum America underneath Donald Trump and racist attorney general Jeff Sessions while throwing out politically charged words.

Oh and by the way since you like to present yourself as some real PULLING MYSELF UP BY MY BOOTSTRAPS kind of man who lives in a place where people take personal responsibility and the like, just remember, you live in a state that ranks third in the nation for states that receive the most Federal Aid.



Go sell your bullshit elsewhere.
JPSLotus is offline  
May 2nd, 2017, 05:55 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 9,137
Likes: 1393

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
I found the article interesting but overall a shitty thing for him to publish.

Yes, we all want to know the inside scoop on these things but the article shows it's nothing special after all, just someone who can't cope on all fronts as you must to be champion.

It's a fucking kid, don't publish a story that yanks his pants down and tells everyone he's no good and never will be.

And then you send it to him and ask for a comment. A fucking kid, what do you think he's going to say when he reads an article that's about to be published making him look like a loser.

And Krop gets to publish what he wants, if he wants. The kid doesn't. Yes, you'll publish his childish retort but what if he said, "I don't give a shit what you think, Krop. You're a mediocre writer spurred on to delusions of grandeur by your ever-fellating readers."? Would he publish that? Maybe. If he wanted to. But he's sure going to publish his hit piece, as he wants it.

So, it just seems shitty.

And I also think it's easy for him to publish such a negative article about a nobody rider. Where's a similar article about an important rider? Oh, no, that might lose him any access.

Where's the integrity now?

My two cents.
I hadn't really thought about it, but after considering him to have more integrity than most I haven't been reading David Emmett as much recently.

Perhaps he has become just another hack as you say.
Jumkie likes this.
michaelm is offline  
May 2nd, 2017, 06:53 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
JohnnyKnockdown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: unda cheese

Posts: 4,455
Likes: 721

I keep hearing this term snowflake out of righties mouths. I have no idea what it means but if only righties are saying it, Im sure its a new derogatory and divisive buzzword created by Hannity or Rush.
Its hilarious how much of a sheep righties are. Their talking heads, create terms like alt left, mainstream media, snowflake etc and their sheep run around injecting it into every conversation to prove what patriots they are
Keshav, Cool Blue and JPSLotus like this.
JohnnyKnockdown is offline  
May 2nd, 2017, 06:53 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
JohnnyKnockdown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: unda cheese

Posts: 4,455
Likes: 721

Double

Last edited by JohnnyKnockdown; May 2nd, 2017 at 06:57 AM.
JohnnyKnockdown is offline  
May 2nd, 2017, 07:25 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
danski's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: A caravan on an island

Posts: 1,458
Likes: 381

I Ride: Shanks pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyKnockdown View Post
Double
#fakenews
danski is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > Moto2

Tags
kent, krop



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Krop reporting Indy may be back on the calendar Iowegian MotoGP 117 February 15th, 2016 11:33 AM
Krop crushed it. levigarrett MotoGP 24 November 12th, 2015 02:02 PM
Question for Krop? levigarrett MotoGP 151 June 23rd, 2015 08:55 AM
Krop's Interview with Mike Webb Mick D MotoGP 9 November 16th, 2013 02:49 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2017 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.