MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > Moto2

Moto2 Moto2 Forum - Moto2 Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By shovelhead
  • 1 Post By Motokitty
  • 3 Post By lil red rocket pilot
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
September 3rd, 2016, 07:58 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
basspete's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Back home in Beautiful Perthshire

Posts: 3,064
Likes: 165

I Ride: Harley Davidson Sportster
4th!!!!!!!!

Didn't see any qualifying today, how did.Alex Marquez get 4th??????????????
basspete is offline  
 
September 4th, 2016, 03:10 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
shovelhead's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
From: Vancouver

Posts: 1,030
Likes: 314

He finished ahead of 5th and behind 3rd.
That's how you get 4th.
libby, Motokitty and AJV80 like this.
shovelhead is offline  
September 5th, 2016, 01:19 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
gekko1ro's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
From: Romania

Posts: 419
Likes: 143

I Ride: suzuki sv 650, honda xl 350
Major fuck-up by Zarco! Anyone know if he apologized for his move on poor Lowes? What was happening to him? He was very cerebral this year and the last year but this move showed that the old (or to be more precise young) Zarco could return anytime.
gekko1ro is offline  
September 5th, 2016, 09:52 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
povol's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
From: Tennessee

Posts: 10,009
Likes: 1282

Quote:
Originally Posted by basspete View Post
Didn't see any qualifying today, how did.Alex Marquez get 4th??????????????
His race didn't go very well but AM has been running much closer to the front in the last 3 races. Pre season nasty crash broke his wrist and he had a confidence problem . It was looking like he had turned a corner, lets see if the latest crash sets him back.
povol is offline  
September 5th, 2016, 10:15 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Motokitty's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2015
From: San Diego

Posts: 623
Likes: 558

I Ride: Mini rice rocket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gekko1ro View Post
Major fuck-up by Zarco! Anyone know if he apologized for his move on poor Lowes? What was happening to him? He was very cerebral this year and the last year but this move showed that the old (or to be more precise young) Zarco could return anytime.
It didn't look like he had a choice.
gekko1ro likes this.
Motokitty is offline  
September 6th, 2016, 12:52 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
lil red rocket pilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
From: The North!

Posts: 3,440
Likes: 142

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekko1ro View Post
Major fuck-up by Zarco! Anyone know if he apologized for his move on poor Lowes? What was happening to him? He was very cerebral this year and the last year but this move showed that the old (or to be more precise young) Zarco could return anytime.
No he has not apologised, In fact he does not understand why he has been penalised according to the missus. Read on farcebook or twatter.
What I can tell you is.
I was stood behind Sams garage after the race, He walked straight through the garage and you could see the fire in his eyes, on approaching the truck he was undoing his helmet, as he went through the door the helmet came of and we heard, "that fcuking french ......!" then something hard, probs the helmet bounced around the truck. The door was closed, we heard nothing more vocally.
A few minutes later his mum came round, as we know her we said he is not happy, told her what we had witnessed, just as a bit more banging took place inside the truck.
His mum went back to hospitality to let him cool down.
I feel for her, She has her two boys in two series, she must be twice the nervous wreck as ant other parent on any grid.
gekko1ro, Motokitty and jerrycan like this.
lil red rocket pilot is offline  
September 6th, 2016, 01:09 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
gekko1ro's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
From: Romania

Posts: 419
Likes: 143

I Ride: suzuki sv 650, honda xl 350
Thanks red for the report, I hope you all had a great time at the races. I was reading today on motogp site post race interviews with Zarco, and, like you said, he didn't apologized, but he blame the incident on a broken brake protector which impeded him to brake proper. I really like the Lowes bros and I felt very sorry for him. His brother though did pretty well for the first time in the big boys class.
gekko1ro is offline  
November 1st, 2016, 01:38 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2016
From: Kroposphere

Posts: 371
Likes: 91

Started 21st in Sepang after a bad qualifying session and still finished the race in 7th.

There's no doubt that he's got talent, (right out the door his first lap is almost always in the top six) but its not the MM93 kind of once-in-a-generation talent. He doesn't have the same temperament or explosive riding style either.

If he'd just set aside the expectations on him and enjoy the ride (which he does increasingly seem to be doing now), his results would improve drastically.
JKant is offline  
November 1st, 2016, 03:26 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: Fremantle, Australia

Posts: 1,070
Likes: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKant View Post
Started 21st in Sepang after a bad qualifying session and still finished the race in 7th.

There's no doubt that he's got talent, (right out the door his first lap is almost always in the top six) but its not the MM93 kind of once-in-a-generation talent. He doesn't have the same temperament or explosive riding style either.

If he'd just set aside the expectations on him and enjoy the ride (which he does increasingly seem to be doing now), his results would improve drastically.
I don't think anyone feels he isn't a good rider though his time in moto2 has been a disappointment after his moto3 title. I for one and I'm sure others do expect him to get an undeserved GP ride because of his last name. It must be horrible to be compared to your brother when your brother is Marc Marquez though. There's something worse than not being a good sportsmen and that's being almost good enough to be elite but not quite, I couldn't imagine how greatly the feeling is magnified when you're brother is one of the greatest talents in the sports history.
p4p1 is offline  
November 1st, 2016, 03:46 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2016
From: Kroposphere

Posts: 371
Likes: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
I don't think anyone feels he isn't a good rider though his time in moto2 has been a disappointment after his moto3 title. I for one and I'm sure others do expect him to get an undeserved GP ride because of his last name.
He's only got a joyride or two so far. Would be unfair to advance the criticism of the undeserved GP ride, until.. y'know.. he actually gets it.

Quote:
It must be horrible to be compared to your brother when your brother is Marc Marquez though. There's something worse than not being a good sportsmen and that's being almost good enough to be elite but not quite, I couldn't imagine how greatly the feeling is magnified when you're brother is one of the greatest talents in the sports history.
His brother sure hasn't helped matters, despite the best of intentions.

I will continue to give Alex advice, but only for the next two years. I don’t want him to become too competitive!

That sort of pressure inevitably leads to a vicious cycle whether you push too hard for a result, leading to crashes, leading to more pushing to make up the deficit...
JKant is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > Moto2

Tags
4th



Thread Tools
Display Modes



Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2017 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.