MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > Motorcycle Racing Forum > AMA Superbike

AMA Superbike AMA Superbike Forum - AMA Pro Road Racing Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
April 20th, 2012, 07:48 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,056
Likes: 3283

http://amaproracing....&eid=2012011210



13459:Road Atlanta course.png]

13460:Road Atlanta records.png]

13461:Road Atlanta coverage.png]
Attached Thumbnails
AMA Round 2: Road Atlanta-road-atlanta-course.png   AMA Round 2: Road Atlanta-road-atlanta-records.png   AMA Round 2: Road Atlanta-road-atlanta-coverage.png  
Jumkie is online now  
 
April 20th, 2012, 08:23 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
povol's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
From: Tennessee

Posts: 9,944
Likes: 1222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
http://amaproracing....&eid=2012011210



13459:Road Atlanta course.png]

13460:Road Atlanta records.png]

13461:Road Atlanta coverage.png]
I wonder what animal Spies would associate the track lay out of Road A.



Maybe a seahorse
povol is offline  
April 20th, 2012, 11:17 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
JohnnyKnockdown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: unda cheese

Posts: 4,531
Likes: 784

Haha. I was thinking a wallet siphon, errrr,i mean gas pump
JohnnyKnockdown is offline  
April 21st, 2012, 06:11 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
povol's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
From: Tennessee

Posts: 9,944
Likes: 1222

Oh Benito, what did you do. Oh well , live and learn
povol is offline  
April 21st, 2012, 06:44 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
JohnnyKnockdown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: unda cheese

Posts: 4,531
Likes: 784

Quote:
Originally Posted by povol View Post
Oh Benito, what did you do. Oh well , live and learn


Im not too bummed. We know hes got the wheels to run up front with the veterans. Its early in the season and hes already challenging for the podium.

It looks like his set up was still a problem and he was getting a lot of chatter and losing the front





Ive been bitching about the SBK riders for years now. I see a bunch of complacent former names taking all the rides and just cashing paychecks.

Tommy Hayden confirmed this today with his podium statement when talking about DSB " its little more agressive then the superbike class"

JohnnyKnockdown is offline  
April 22nd, 2012, 01:22 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,056
Likes: 3283

Been away a bit for the weekend. (i didnt go anywhere just busy as hell). I followed races on live timing. But just say down to watch race 1 DSB. Im proud of Benny for putting up such a good fight! He battled Wesby & Tommy like his life depended on it. The replay of his bike shaking was telling of a front end issue but even still he pushed. How he or Wesby didnt go down on that tire contact was amazing. Both deep into the brakes and neither wanted to nor did give in. A pleasure to watch.



Pov, i think he was pushing hard thinking Tommy was gonna try and retake. It was clear after watching, he was riding on the limit. Rookie mistake crash. Im just glad hes ok. Poor Garrett Gerloff is still on crutches.



JonK, yup, thats my takeaway, that he can ride with the front runners. Btw, great take by Tommy. He must have felt like, wtf, these kids are sharks! How cool is it that Benny was battling with Tommy Hayden! Benny was sandwiched by two former series champs battling for a podium, how cool is that! U know i love all the Haydens but i was yelling, "C'mon Benny! Get that fucker.!" haha.



Just finished following race2 on timing. Whatever changes they made to improve the bike was obviously a mistake. This field is extremely stacked. Seriously, the top 10+ guys are all assassins. One slighly bad set up and ur toast.



Tommy is like KRJunior, that is, patient, calm, and smart. He never over rides his bikes and lets the races develop. I was hoping he would win, but Martin had the perfect set up all weekend. Btw, i might as well announce it here. I almost buried the hatchet at Daytona regarding Cardenas, but JohnnyK stopped me. But after watching race 1, i gotta say, im impressed with him. He made a few mistakes, but he stayed the course. I dont think ive ever seen him celebrate a win like that. Did u see him wheelie coming down the hill before the finish, then a wheelie across the line? Then acknowledging the fans, pointing and wheeling. I think hes come around. (i prob should wait to watch race 2 since it looked like Tommy & Martin battled). But anyway, i hope hes turned the corner after his attempted murders.



Btw, fuck u Speed! The Nascrap race is over and theyre showing the post race show instead of their programmed coverage of Wsbk. Fuck you Speed TV!!!!
Jumkie is online now  
April 22nd, 2012, 01:57 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 8,343
Likes: 974

I Ride: DRZ400sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by povol View Post
Oh Benito, what did you do. Oh well , live and learn


Man... he was looking good.
Keshav is offline  
April 22nd, 2012, 01:59 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 8,343
Likes: 974

I Ride: DRZ400sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
Been away a bit for the weekend. (i didnt go anywhere just busy as hell). I followed races on live timing. But just say down to watch race 1 DSB. Im proud of Benny for putting up such a good fight! He battled Wesby & Tommy like his life depended on it. The replay of his bike shaking was telling of a front end issue but even still he pushed. How he or Wesby didnt go down on that tire contact was amazing. Both deep into the brakes and neither wanted to nor did give in. A pleasure to watch.



Pov, i think he was pushing hard thinking Tommy was gonna try and retake. It was clear after watching, he was riding on the limit. Rookie mistake crash. Im just glad hes ok. Poor Garrett Gerloff is still on crutches.



JonK, yup, thats my takeaway, that he can ride with the front runners. Btw, great take by Tommy. He must have felt like, wtf, these kids are sharks! How cool is it that Benny was battling with Tommy Hayden! Benny was sandwiched by two former series champs battling for a podium, how cool is that! U know i love all the Haydens but i was yelling, "C'mon Benny! Get that fucker.!" haha.



Just finished following race2 on timing. Whatever changes they made to improve the bike was obviously a mistake. This field is extremely stacked. Seriously, the top 10+ guys are all assassins. One slighly bad set up and ur toast.



Tommy is like KRJunior, that is, patient, calm, and smart. He never over rides his bikes and lets the races develop. I was hoping he would win, but Martin had the perfect set up all weekend. Btw, i might as well announce it here. I almost buried the hatchet at Daytona regarding Cardenas, but JohnnyK stopped me. But after watching race 1, i gotta say, im impressed with him. He made a few mistakes, but he stayed the course. I dont think ive ever seen him celebrate a win like that. Did u see him wheelie coming down the hill before the finish, then a wheelie across the line? Then acknowledging the fans, pointing and wheeling. I think hes come around. (i prob should wait to watch race 2 since it looked like Tommy & Martin battled). But anyway, i hope hes turned the corner after his attempted murders.



Btw, fuck u Speed! The Nascrap race is over and theyre showing the post race show instead of their programmed coverage of Wsbk. Fuck you Speed TV!!!!


Totally infuriating to have to watch that dull-ass bullshit.
Keshav is offline  
April 23rd, 2012, 05:22 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
L8Braker's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Tar Heel State

Posts: 2,508
Likes: 23

Kesh, Jum's.....my wife was telling me to calm down...fucking Speed...who gives a fuck about NASCAR anymore?...the damn race was over!!!! I was furious!!!!
L8Braker is offline  
April 23rd, 2012, 05:27 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
L8Braker's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Tar Heel State

Posts: 2,508
Likes: 23

rant over...was hoping Bennito would get a podium in that first race...man that boy was fighting an ill handling motorcycle during race 1, glad he's alright. He'll get it together, he has a bright future ahead of him!

What's everyone's thought on the Young/Hayes incident in race 1? I gotta give it to Young for getting up and putting it on the top step, but I would have liked to see the re-start, how and the hell did he go from last to 6th by the first turn?

Hayes, he's the man, I like his post race interview when he said I just wanted Blake to know I can do this whenever I want and he did. Sounds like he turned up the wick on Sunday and made racing with Blake a non issue. The more I watch Hayes the more I like him, it's too bad he didn't start road racing at an earlier age because I think he would have had a chance to compete at the World level...just my $.02.
L8Braker is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > Motorcycle Racing Forum > AMA Superbike

Tags
ama, atlanta, road, round



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AMA Rd 3 - Road Atlanta Bootsakah World Superbike 37 April 27th, 2010 08:38 AM
AMA - Road America (Round 6)-----SPOILERS mylexicon World Superbike 20 June 23rd, 2009 08:27 AM
AMA Road Atlanta Spoilers povol World Superbike 57 May 1st, 2009 11:30 AM
Duhamel Atlanta Crash MigsAngel Motorsports 20 October 6th, 2007 02:46 AM
Road Atlanta Weekend povol Motorsports 2 September 6th, 2007 11:51 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2017 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.